To be cliche, why travel? What's in it for the average, pardon my self-insert, Joe? It depends.
It depends on where. It depends on when. It depends on who you go with and why you're going.
- If I go with some friends to Montreal, I'm going to have a lot of fun, probably get into some trouble, but I won't learn much about myself.
- If I go with my lover to Toronto, I'm probably going to learn a lot about her, and we'll get a lot closer to each other.
- If I stay on my own in Israel, I'm going test my limits of self-comfort and independence. I'm going to find a way to get by, and learn a little bit of the language.
So the question is what do YOU want out of travel?
- Travel alone or with a buddy you'll only see in your lodge
- Travel to a place with a foreign language you'll have to learn on your own
- Learn to barter
- Travel with a close friend or lover, to places where you'll both enjoy
- Find some time alone with your companion to enjoy yourselves
- Visit a romantic place if you're with a lover, like Paris, or Niagara Falls
- Partying and fun
- Best pick - ROAD TRIP WITH FRIENDS!
- Travel with a group
- Dorm together in a hotel or hostel
Good luck traveling folks! I'm off to DC, Orlando and Louisiana for much of August. Stay tuned for those stories!